Monday, September 15, 2008

White House Event!

This morning I was able to attend a Welcoming Ceremony on the White House lawn for the President of Ghana and his wife! Although I personally am not a fan of our President it was still pretty amazing to be at the White House for something other than a tour, which I actually have not done, so this was my first time there. I attended with one of my colleagues, Antonina. We arrived with basic tickets and we weren't early so our view was going to suck. We weren't going to be able to see the Presidents until the made a lap around the lawn. We were taking pictures when one of the White House staffers pulled us into the gold ticket section! Suddenly, we were only five standing rows from the red carpet and the podium where they were going to deliver their speeches! We were directly across from Cheney and Condi and were able to see the red carpet proceedings very easily! Most of my pictures were taken with my arm raised so they are not centered and I had to delete about 40 of balding heads, but I think they're good for the most part! It was a great experience!


2 comments:

Moore Family said...

What an amazing opportunity! Your pictures are beautiful!! I am so jealous! Miss you!

HisWifeTheirMom said...

Balding heads...lol!