Yesterday I checked the mail and found a note that we had 6 huge boxes to pick up from the front desk, which was really fun to bring up to our apartment on the dolly with a flat tire! Ryan earns rewards points through work and we had to use them last week before they expired, so we got a bunch of new stuff! We'd been using them slowly, very slowly all year, but have been using them more recently for stuff around the house. Ryan got Rock Band, Smash Brothers for Wii, a comfy new desk chair, and a hammock. I got a ton of stuff for the kitchen, since I've recently become Martha Stewart. I got a Kitchenaid mixer, ice cream maker, wok with a lid, egg poacher (that's really for Ryan) and a vacuum (our old one is awful). It's been like Christmas!
Ryan's new store opened on Monday in Chinatown without a hitch! I can't wait for things to be running smoothly so I can go in and play with all the high tech toys. It will also be fun to see Ryan's new office!
Yesterday we got news of our first officially booked visitor: Karen! I am so excited for her visit at the end of the month!! I will feel like the tourist with her because she lived here for awhile as an intern. It's because of Karen that we know about the giant pizza slices, Adams Morgan, and the coolest monument in DC! I'm excited to see the places she thinks are cool and worth revisiting!
Today we had our first really warm day! It was so nice! It got to 75 degrees!! I know that doesn't sound like much to the Californians, but it sure felt like California in our sweltering apartment! Note to self: don't leave the blinds open with the glass closed on a warm day when you go to the gym while the sun is streaming in... it creates a sauna! I actually had to close the blinds and turn on the AC for 30 minutes so the place could cool down before I made dinner. Lesson learned! I guess I have a few things to relearn about east coast climate.
No comments:
Post a Comment